Don’t forget – English Apple Festival today in Portobello Road Market
If you like apples, get yourself down the Portobello Road Market where today, the English Apple Festival is taking place. There’s plenty going on including
- A chance to enter a receipe competition being judged by celebrity chef Rowley Leigh. The winning recipe will be featured on the menu at Cafe Anglais, Rowley’s Bayswater-based restaurant.
- The opportunity to sample English apples including Bramley’s Seedling, Egremont Russet, Cox’s Orange Pippin, Worcester Pearmain, Kanzi, Jazz, Rubens and Cameo at stalls on Portobello Road.
- Pick up free autumn recipe cards devised by local resident and Portobello blogger Jo Harrison (vegetableoftheweek.com).
- Tuck in to exclusive Apple Pie cupcakes and Nutty Apple loaf from the Hummingbird Bakery.
- Take advantage of exclusive festival offers and discounts at local independent businesses organised by Wedge card, including 15 per cent off at Ceramica Blue, 50p off hot spiced cloudy apple juice at the Fat Badger and a 20 minute massage for only £10 at Urban Bliss.
Those wishing to enter the recipe competition will need to collect an official form, which will be available from a number of stalls in Portobello Road Market during the English Apple Festival.
To find out more, visit rbkc.gov.uk/streetmarkets or email email@example.com